Remember when I stated that one of the top 10 highlights in 2021 was getting an ergonomic chair to improve my work from home (wfh) set-up? While my aching back thanked me for this marvellous decision, I was constantly reminded by my wife why I only bought 1 for the household. Thankfully, Standard Chartered Bank and SingSaver are coming to my rescue with an excellent promotion. Simply apply for the SCB Smart Credit Card and meet other qualifying conditions to receive either a free Ergotune Classic Chair (worth $399) or $300 cold hard cash.
Heartland Boy’s review of the Ergotune Supreme chair
Ironically, I only came to know of the Ergotune brand only because I was assisting with Sofia Wellness Clinic’s renovation. She requested for a very comfortable office chair that would blend in well with the theme of her office. I shortlisted a few brands, test sat on some of them, compared the online reviews and eventually chose Ergotune.
I am definitely no expert of ergonomic chairs as I understand that this can be a very touchy issue. For my case, I felt instant comfort with the Ergotune Supreme after adjust the settings to my build. Yup, assembly of the chair was really easy-peasy and I managed to accomplish it on my own! I especially liked that Ergotune chairs are fitted with a hybrid mesh which allows air to sift through and ‘breathe’. I cannot emphasize how important this is given the stifling heat and humid weather of Singapore. Moreover, I personally do not switch on the air-con in the day at home unlike the typical office environment. Finally, the Ergotune chair comes with 12 years limited warranty.
Having experienced the quality first-hand, I immediately ordered another chair shortly for the house. This has been a long time coming because my back was really suffering from a poor home-office environment.
Now, you can possibly upgrade your home-office set up as well by taking advantage of this rare and attractive SingSaver promotion.
SingSaver Promotion on the SCB Smart Card
From now till 14 February 2022, SingSaver is running a promotion on the Standard Chartered Bank Smart Card. New to bank customers, defined as those who do not currently hold a principal SCB Credit Card and have not done so in the 12 months prior to application, can receive either:
- Ergotune Classic Ergonomic Chair (worth $399) OR
- $300 cold hard cash
In addition, these gifts from SingSaver can be stacked on top of the bank’s regular offer of 6 months of Disney+ subscription (worth approx. $72). Existing cardmembers will receive $30 via PayNow upon meeting minimum spend of $350. Readers of Heartland Boy simply need to follow these steps to receive these gifts:
- Click on this referral link to apply for the SCB Smart Credit Card
- Enter email address on the SingSaver landing page and click confirm
- Complete your application and remember to take a screenshot of/note down the application reference number. It should be in the format of (SGYYYYMMDDxxxxxx)
- After the application, fill in the SingSaver rewards form sent to your email. Your application reference number will be required at this step. Do remember to state your choice of reward – Ergotune Classic Chair or $300 cash
- Spend $350 within 30 days of card approval. Hopefully, this should still be in time for any last-min CNY shopping that you are required to do
- Approximately 2-4 calendar months later, SingSaver will be in touch with you to fulfil your gift (I understand that the chair will be delivered to your preferred address)
As Heartland Girl is a new to bank customer, I have urged her to take advantage of this promotion and sign up for the SCB Smart Credit Card. Besides a vast improvement to her WFH setup, our child will also be able to enjoy some movies/shows on Disney+. This 6-month Disney+ membership must be used within the first 3 months but I am sure Olympia will constantly remind her about it. (here’s the FAQ on the complimentary Disney+ subscription plan)
What Is The SCB Smart Credit Card
The SCB Smart Credit Card awards accelerated 6% cashback on merchants which comprise of some of your favourite daily merchants such as:
- Fast Food (McDonald’s, KFC, Subway, Burger King)
- Coffeeshops (Ya Kun Kaya Toast, Toast Box, Fun Toast)
- Digital Subscription (Netflix, Spotify, Disney+, Youtube)
- Public Transport: SimplyGo for Bus/MRT rides
Do note that all cashback earned are credited in the form of 360◦ Rewards Points, which can be redeemed for cashback via SCB’s Online Rewards Platform. For instance, 6% cashback on a dollar spent at the aforementioned merchants will result in 19.2 360◦ Rewards Points credited to the cardholder’s account. Once you have accumulated at least 3,200 360◦ Rewards Points, you will be eligible to redeem for S$10 cashback credit under the Standard Chartered 360◦ Rewards Programme.
However, there is a cap of 14,400 Rewards Points per month on spend on those aformentioned merchants. Working backwards, this amounts to $818 per month which should be more than sufficient to go around even for a family of this profile:
- Parents who are coffee aficionados
- Children who are Happy Meal lovers
- Takes public transport everywhere
- Spends their weekends Netflix chilling
Besides an upsized 6% cashback on these merchants, it also offers a base cashback reward of 0.5% on all other eligible spends. Similarly, 0.5% cashback on a dollar spent at other eligible spend will result in 1.6 360◦ Rewards Points being credited. There is no cap on the base cashback though.
I admit that the Reward Points benefits are restricted to a rather narrow pool of merchants, but the SCB Smart Credit Card might just work for the demographic aforementioned. Considering the generous gifts (~worth $470) thrown in by SCB and SingSaver and that there is no annual fee for this card, I think it is a worthwhile promotion to consider. Besides, your back will thank you for it.
*Note that this article contains referral links that goes to maintain the sustainability of this blog.