I recently came across a very attractive promotion on the DBS Takashimaya American Express Card that I am really excited to share with my readers. My excitement stems mainly from the following reasons:
- Promotion is highly attractive– spend $200 and receive $200
- Promotion is highly accessible as even existing DBS/POSB credit cardmembers (besides those already holding the DBS Taka cards) are eligible
There are plenty of items to buy at the Takashimaya Department Store, stemming from essentials to luxury items that I am sure everyone can find something of utility. I even included some ideas on how you can reach the minimum spend of $200 within the article. Without further ado, this is how one can earn FREE $200 with the DBS Takashimaya AMEX Card by participating in this ongoing promotion.
The DBS Takashimaya Amex Card Promotion
Here are the key terms and conditions of this promotion that you ought to take note of, and each one must be satisfied in order to qualify for the $200 cash gift.
1) Valid only for New DBS Takashimaya Cardmembers
New DBS Takashimaya Cardmembers are defined as:
- Not holding any existing DBS Takashimaya Card (whether the Visa or AMEX)
- Have not cancelled any DBS Takashimaya Card within the last 12 months
Based on the definition above, note that even existing DBS/POSB cardmembers holding other DBS/POSB credit cards are eligible for this promotion.
2) Apply online and Card must be approved by 30 September 2021
Readers of Heartland Boy can apply online via this link or simply click on the image above. Your application must also be approved by the bank no later than 30 September 2021.
As I am an existing DBS/POSB credit cardholder, the bank already had all the necessary information on hand. My card was approved instantaneously online and delivered a couple of working days later. My wife experienced the same expedient process. Yup, good deal better introduce the wife as well to save myself from an unnecessary scolding.
3) Minimum spend of $200 must be made at Takashimaya Department Store within 1st month of card approval
For example, if your card approval date is on 13 September 2021, qualifying spend period for your case will be from 13 September to 12 October 2021. Do also note that the qualifying spend can be an accumulative spending (i.e. not necessarily in a single transaction) and must be made at Takashimaya Department Store and/or Takashimaya Department Store’s online store in Singapore. However, there are some exclusions that will not be counted towards meeting the $200 minimum spend:
- Cold Storage, Food Village and selected food merchants at Food Hall, B2 (i.e. only merchants that require payment to be made at designated Takashimaya cashier counters can be considered for the campaign)
- Takashimaya Gift Vouchers
- Transactions on instalment payment plan and My Preferred Payment Plans
If you meet all 3 conditions aforementioned, $200 cashback will be credited to the card account by the end of the 90 days from the Card open month. Using the example earlier, that means the cashback should be credited by the end of November. Once you have received this cashback gift, you are welcomed to spend it anywhere else and not necessarily in Takashimaya Department Store. Unfortunately, the cashback cannot be transferred out as cash. Note that supplementary cards are not eligible for this fantastic promotion.
How To Maximise Your Spend At Takashimaya
Besides the $200 cash gift from the bank, I have also reviewed the DBS Taka Amex Card thoroughly to understand how I can maximise my spend at Takashimaya Department Store.
1) 6% voucher rebates in Takashimaya Department Store
For every $10 charged to the DBS Taka AMEX card at the Takashimaya Department store, 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points will be issued to your card. You can actually check your latest Takashimaya Bonus Points balances on the DBS Paylah! mobile app as shown in Diagram 1.
Every 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points allow the cardmember to redeem S$30 Takashimaya Gift vouchers. If you have done the math, you realise that you need to spend $500 to accumulate 100 Takashimaya Bonus points which could take a while to accumulate. Not to worry as the expiry of the Taka Bonus Points is tagged to the expiry date of your issued card as shown in Diagram 2.
Once you have done that, just visit Customer Service Centre at Level 3 of Takashimaya Department to redeem your Takashimaya Bonus Points. Note that Takashimaya Gift vouchers are renowned for having no expiry date.
2) Some Ideas to reach the $200 min. spend
If you need some spending ideas, here are some that you may want to consider
- Mooncakes (Mooncake festival month now)
- Toys for your child at Level 4 (Children’s Day is next month!)
- Cosmetics and fragrances at Level 1 (Happy wife, happy life)
- Interior and Household items at Basement 1 (housewarming gift)
- Any applicable gifts for Christmas (not a bad idea to shop early with all the shipping delays)
Other benefits of the DBS Taka American Express Card
Besides the 6% voucher rebate at the main department store, there is also a 2% voucher rebate at participating Specialty Stores located in Takashimaya Shopping Centre, valid till 31 Dec 2021. This means you earn 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points with every $30 spent.
Cardmembers enjoy additional 10% off during selected Taka sale events at Takashimaya Department Store. There is complimentary delivery service with min. spend of $100. Finally, cardmembers also enjoy $6 top-up to their CashCards to offset their carparking fees when they charge at least $250 at Takashimaya Department Store (limited to a maximum of 3 charge slips from the same day of eligible purchase).
Essentially, this promotion means that a nett spend of $300 (less the $200 cashback that will be credited as a gift) will get you $530 worth of products from the Takashimaya Department store. Of course, that does not include any existing ongoing sales or discount that can be stacked when you pay with the DBS Taka AMEX card. Because the annual fee of $192.60 is also waived for the first year, there’s really no cost involved in when applying for the card. This is a good deal, and in fact a very rare promotion worth participating in.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links which goes towards ensuring the sustainability of this blog.
Information is correct as at 12 September 2021